Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Budapest

I took these photos today at Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Heroes' Square, Budapest. The square was crowded with tourists what is quite common, but the only thing that has surprise me the flags on the wreaths. Take a little closer look.  Do you can identify the flags? OK, I help you. Palestinian, Guatemalan, Maltese and Canadian. Only Canada represented in Hungary by an Embassy in Budapest. I don't find any media coverage about the event, but someones officially had to lay the wreaths. An army truck left the scene when I arrived and a red carpet was rolled up on the roof truck of a civilian car. One thing is sure. The International Day of Non-Violence is on 2 October (tomorrow), the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi.





No comments:

Post a Comment