Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Morning Prayer

I shot "Morning Prayer" very early morning during the praying session at Siem Reap Wat Bo pagoda. The film is very minimalist like my other films. I've got lost totally in the timelessness. Dogs "welcomed me from the first moment I entered the pagoda yard. I don't know who scared who but they were barking continuously and following me till the spot I set my camera. The monks didn't show interest to the barking. I was quite invisible in the dark but that doesn't mean, no one felt among the monks I am hiding out there. The spiritual power was very strong.

I know this film is quite long and dull, but worth to watch until the end. At the end of praying a monk step by step closed the shutters than everybody left the pagoda in front of my camera while were chit chatting in Khmer. The sun is slowly rises up and from the far distance a gong let us know that time to start the day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment